Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Qualifying

The qualifying is the game before every GP. The F1 drivers' start order is decided on the ranking of the qualifying, so it is a very important game to those F1 drivers.

There are three part in the qualifying. The rules of qualifying is a bit complicated, so I don't explan it too much here. The champion of the qualifying is called P.P.(Pole Position), but how come it has such a strange name? Actually, I don't know either.
In 2011 an important rule returned to F1, called 107 percent qualifying regulation. This rule was last seen in 2002, however, it was reintroduced in 2011. Because of the rule, this year all cars' Q1 lap time must be within 107 percent of the fastest in that phase of qualifying or it would lose the right to participate the GP. For instance, if the fastest car is 1min40sec, the cars which grades slower than 1min47sec are not permitted to participate the GP.

2 comments:

  1. I feel I like F1 more and more but slowly. I want to ask you a question that is did you ever hear thunder pi-li car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi~I'm your partner this week~
    In fact, I know nothing about F1 Grand Prix, so I don't understand your post exactly. haha, it seems you have been doing much research into F1 grand prix. Maybe you can explain some basic things about it next time. XD

    ReplyDelete