Monday, May 2, 2011

KERS

KERS is the acronym of "Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems". Its a kind of system that can recover the kinetic energy when drivers brake and store it in a reservoir. The drivers can decide when to use the energy to accelerate.

In 2009 KERS was first used in F1, but it was quite contradictory that KERS was abandoned by the F1 teams in 2010. According to the information I received, the reason why they decided to abandon the systems was that some teams exploit regulatory loopholes and made the F1 games become less exciting than before.

This year KERS return to F1. The technique of KERS is more mature and the rules are also modified. In my opion, the games is really more excited after using the systems this year!

2 comments:

  1. HI I’m Amber, your partner this week.
    I don’t know anything about F1 before. And just know little about cars. So if I can’t give you a good comment, please forget it. I’m glad that KERS can be used in F1 now. But I have a question: weather the faster F1 cars the game will be more exciting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my name is David. I am a F1 fan too. My favorate driver is Alonso and you? By the way I think "Thunder Pily Car" is faster than F1.

    ReplyDelete